By Naomi Girdler

Module Code: FDGP202

Sunday 19 February 2012

CSS Image Captions

Due to the fact that this is an interactive media project, I wasn't satisfied with the idea of just creating a website as the final product. I wanted to push myself in aspects of coding I hadn't before, so thought a good way to do this was to add interactivity within the images shown of Vivienne Westwood's fashion. When using a lot of images on a website, I felt that it would be something beneficial to have information presented with the image. I didn't just want to add static text to every image as a caption for example, so I began looking into how I could have information appear on rolling over said image,

On researching this, I found a variety of different codes from Javascript to advanced CSS. I wasn't too keen in attempting a code I'd never dealt with before, since I didn't want it to affect the way in which my project developed, so found a great CSS code tutorial that was perfect for the job.



The above tutorial was perfect for the job and included some really interesting coding that was purely CSS code, a code that I feel I'm really coming to understand. I had to do some slight tweaking to the coding to make it fit my website, and also then edited the captions for each image.



Also, through the above website, I found a lot more tutorials that will be really helpful for creating simple, clean and effective CSS tricks for future websites. 

No comments:

Post a Comment