By Naomi Girdler

Module Code: FDGP202

Sunday 19 February 2012

Content

To show that the design and layout of my website would work without the need for numerous images, I created a contact, about and collections link page. I wanted the website to reflect Vivienne Westwood in many ways, so I used the same script as for the larger collections pages, but removed any excess images and only put two 'posts' in each of the above pages.

I wanted there to be a running theme of Vivienne Westwood so on each of the pages, I put all information and links in the left hand side of the page and a picture of the woman herself on the right. Due to her flaming orange hair and interesting style, this worked really nicely and I was very pleased with the outcome. I was unsure as to how it would look when I was coding and creating these pages, but I'm definitely happy with the results.

These pages are also an example of how the website could work for many different companies, people etc. For example, rather than a fashion designer, the layout could work for many types of designers or even as a shop for someone selling products, with the images as link throughs to the product and pay pal.



Another small element that I'm really happy with in regards to the above pages, is that the two sections are of similar width to the header and navigation and that was genuinely a coincidence. However, I would have probably worked on making this happen if not, since it's a lot nicer for the consistency of the website and the overall look.

No comments:

Post a Comment