By Naomi Girdler

Module Code: FDGP202

Sunday 19 February 2012

Collections



To add to the content of my website and allow for more opportunities for interactivity, I wanted to create a collections section. With a quick Google search, I was able to find many images of Vivienne Westwood's collections over the years. I was able to find a lot of images that would be very suitable for my website, along with information about the image to add to my hover/roll over captions that I'd created.

I originally experimented with the captions code on images I'd taken from Style.com. After a bit more research, I realised that it featured a lot more than just one season's worth of fashion, and included images from all of Vivienne Westwood's recent collections, including menswear and Red Label.


Due to the fact that every piece of content I needed was on this website, I decided to use their images and text to fill content to bulk out my website, as examples of how it could look. I took 10 images from each collection and began placing them in the layout. I had to change small pieces of code for this to work, such as the width of the separate post sections to make the text and the image's width consistent.


Overall, I'm really happy with the way the separate collection pages have worked out and how well they work. I've taken small description text pieces from the style website also as an introduction to the following collection which I think adds a bit of depth to the content of the website.





No comments:

Post a Comment