By Naomi Girdler

Module Code: FDGP202

Thursday 16 February 2012

Basic Website Layouts

When creating basic layout design for my website, I wanted to keep things simple. Throughout my research I found that this was the best way to allow the imagery of fashion to be the main focus of the website. Taking inspiration from a article on website layout design (found here), I began to design my own layouts to allow me to visualise what I wanted my website to look like. This was also a helpful step since it worked as a reference image should I ever stray from the design I wanted.


Layout One:

With the left hand navigation, this allows for the imagery on the right to be fairly large and quite a solid focus of the layout. I'd probably have a box in which the images would scroll vertically, so as not to affect the positioning of the navigation on the left. This would probably work as a layout for my website, but something about it isn't really inspiring me. I just don't think it's the most exciting layout I can create.


Layout Two:
This is more a layout that I want to create. With a large header image, and horizontal navigation, this website layout is basic but fits the bill really. The smaller black squares represent images and would scroll vertically in sets of three with description above. I think this could work quite well and would allow for a number of images, but I think could be quite repetitive and boring. 


Layout Three:
A similar idea as the layout above but rather than having the pictures scrolling vertically, they'd work horizontally with any information and descriptions below. This would allow for a lot of images to be used, however I'm struggling a little to think how I could apply these layout to the other pages where a lot of images aren't needed.


Layout Four:
This is the layout I like the most. It involves a large header, with horizontal navigation. It also features horizontal scrolling, with separate sections for each image or any information that needs to be involved with the layout. I think this type of layout would work fairly well also with other smaller pages without the need for so many images. 

2 comments:

  1. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.It can be helpful for people who wants to know more about app Modernization services.

    ReplyDelete