By Naomi Girdler

Module Code: FDGP202

Saturday 18 February 2012

Interactive Elements

As part of this project, I wanted to try and push the limits of what I already know in regards to website design and coding. Since this is an interactive media project, I want to make sure there are a few obvious elements of interactivity.


  1. Firstly, I want to create horizontal scrolling. Through research, I've found that I really like the way these websites look and how they're a good way of showing images, without a lot of other distractions getting in the way. Since my website is for a fashion designer,  I feel that this is rather an important aspect of the design that I need to have included.

  2. I want to create information appear on rollover of the images. On looking into it ever so slightly, I've figured out the best way to do this is through advanced CSS code. This is something I feel more comfortable attempting with CSS since I have considerably more experience with this code rather than something like jquery or Javascript. I think this will allow for a subtle aspect of interactivity that will add to the viewer's experience when using the website.

  3. I would also like to create some sort of interactivity with the navigation and/or buttons included in the website. Whether this be as simple as a colour change roll over effect or a background colour on links, I still think this will be a good way in which to create a small, subtle level of interactivity to the website that will not only add to the project criteria but also to the overall design of the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment