By Naomi Girdler

Module Code: FDGP202

Tuesday 17 January 2012

Project Idea Themes



Vivienne Westwood is an internationally recognised fashion designer and business woman, famous for her quirky designs and was largely responsible for bringing back modern punk and new wave fashions into the mainstream eye. She's also known for her political activism.

I've chosen Vivienne Westwood as one of the two choices I'm playing with for the main aspect of this interactive media project. I find her inspiring and an interesting character that has inspired many people across the world to embrace fashion that's different, inventive and creative.

I'm also rather a fan of her clothes, which will keep my interest in the project alive.

My idea if I was to use Vivienne Westwood as a theme would be to create an interactive application for a smartphone in which you can browse her latest collections as well as view items of clothing and purchase them online.


Porsche Cars

Porsche cars were founded in 1931 and the years that followed have considerably influenced the modern car market. With famous cars such as Boxsters and Caymans growing in popularity, Porsche have become a rather famous brand of automobile, with high standards of quality.

I'm quite into cars and think the idea of developing an app based around this brand would be something that I could find myself maintaining interest in and would allow me to explore a subject I enjoy further.

Similar to the Vivienne Westwood idea, I would like to create an application for a smartphone where you could view different types of cars by Porsche, where you could look further into the viewing the specifications should you want to invest in one.


Transformers: The Dark of the Moon

The new Transformers movie was released in June 2011 and was the final installment of a new trilogy of Transformers remakes directed by Michael Bay and featuring actors such as Shia LeBeouf and Megan Fox. It features two races of robots called Autobots and Decepticons and has grown in popularity in recent years with the re-makes.

I'm a massive fan of the Transformers series and have been since the original series was released in the 80's. I think using this as a theme for my project would be a lot of fun and an opportunity to explore a subject I'm already so excited about.

If I were to create an interactive project based on this Transformers theme, I would probably do another app again, which would function similarly to a Pokemon's Pokedex, with information and pictures of various different characters featured in the movies. To take it further, I could also make it an interactive experience when watching the film, that could connect with viewing it. For example, seeing the character Bumblebee on screen and taking a picture using your iPhone, would link you to the app and then tell you information about that character.

No comments:

Post a Comment